top of page

Tax-Free Childcare

The tax-free childcare scheme is to help working parents with the cost of childcare.

Tax-free childcare is for working families, including the self-employed, in the UK. Who earn under £100k and at least £142 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage) each. Who aren't receiving Tax Credits, Universal Credit or childcare vouchers, with children aged 0-11 (or 0-16 if disabled)

  • For every £8 you pay into an online account, the government will add an extra £2, up to £2,000 per child per year

Find out more here

2 Year Funding

We accept 2-year funding for eligible children. This is either in the form of 15 hours per week Term Time or 11 hours per week all year round.

Parents can apply for this funding if they live in England and get one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support

  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

  • Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments

  • tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax

  • the guaranteed element of Pension Credit

  • the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

2-year-olds can also get funded childcare if they:

Contact your childcare provider or local council to find out more.

Early Years Funding

We offer all 3 and 4-year-old children 15 hours per week term time or 11 hours per week all year round of funded childcare from the term after their 3rd birthday.  This is automatically deducted from your child’s invoice and we claim this directly from the government.

Extended Entitlement

Some children can claim up to 30 hours per week term time or 22 hours per week all year round funding, if eligible.

A 3 or 4-year-old can get the extended entitlement of up to 1140 hours of funded childcare (30 hours per week, term time) if both parents or lone parent:

  • earns at least £115 a week or works more than 16 hours at the National Living Wage (unless you became self-employed less than 12 months ago), or expect to earn at least £111 a week or work more than 16 hours at the National Minimum Wage (unless you became self-employed less than 12 months ago).

  • expect to earn at least £61.92 a week if you’re under 18, £84.80 a week if you’re aged 18-20 or £52.80 a week if you’re an apprentice (either under 19 or in the first year of your apprenticeship)

Both parents or lone parent must also:

  • live in England

  • expect to have an income of less than £100,000 each a year

To claim early years funding at our setting you will need to complete a funding form with your 11 digit eligibility code, your National Insurance number, your child’s date of birth and your signature which gives us permission to process your request to access the funding.

Be aware we will need this information back to us before the beginning of the term for which you wish to claim.

To find out if you're eligible visit the GOV website and for more information click this link.

Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)

The Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) is additional funding for early years providers to improve the education they provide for some three- and four-year-olds. 

How can these extra funds improve my child's education?

The funding can be used in various ways to help extend your child's support and give them the best start in life.

The funding can be used to provide:

  • Extra equipment to support a particular development

  • Additional training for staff, that can enhance developmental areas for your child

  • Extra one-to-one or small-group support for your child

Children must receive the Early Years Funding in order to attract Early Years Pupil Premium funding. Early Years Pupil Premium funding is only available on the universal funding for three- and four-year-olds (up to 15 hours per week) and is not available for any hours claimed as the extended entitlement (up to 30 hours per week). 

Your child may be eligible if parents have an income under £16,190 and are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:


  • the child is currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales

  • the child has left care in England or Wales through

    • an adoption

    • a special guardianship order

    • a child arrangement order

More information on Early Years Pupil Premium can be found here.

Childcare Vouchers

At Jurassic Childcare we also accept the following vouchers:

Edenred – ID Number: P21309914

Sodexo – ID Number: 912916

Computer Share – ID Number: 0026770329

Co-operative Flexible Benefits - ID Number: 85121878

Fair Care - ID Number: JURA0921

If you are registered with another voucher provider please let us know, because we are registered with some other voucher schemes which do not provide ID Numbers.

bottom of page